- Is the PCMH Movement the Solution?
- Leapfrog Measures Show Grade Inflation
- Analyzing Texas’ Tort Reforms
- Global Budget Cuts Costs but Reduces Access
- America Should Invest in Gun Violence Research
- “Everyone Else Ends up Paying the Price”
- Did you notice we are not having a gun debate right now?
- Don’t Be a Blockhead
Policy Prescriptions® originated in 2006 with the goal of providing concise reviews of the health policy literature to stakeholders such as clinicians, policy makers, and the lay public. The organization was founded by two physicians whose work for the United States Congress revealed an imminent need to connect decision makers with clinicians as a means to improve the state of the American health care system. Policy Prescriptions® appeared first online July 18, 2008.
“Medicine is a social science, and politics is nothing else but medicine on a large scale. Medicine, as a social science, as the science of human beings, has the obligation to point out problems and to attempt their theoretical solution: the politician, the practical anthropologist, must find the means for their actual solution… The physicians are the natural attorneys of the poor, and social problems fall to a large extent within their jurisdiction.” Rudolf Virchow
"Policy Prescriptions" and "Evidence-Based Health Policy" are registered trademarks of PolicyRx, LLC