There is not much time as the House of Representatives are currently debating the American Health Care Act on the floor. To the best of my knowledge, this bill would get rid of several of the ACA’s provisions. Specifically:
- Eliminating essential health benefits
- Medicaid expansion would be phased out
- Tax credits will shift from being income-based to age-based
- Healthy, high income people win
- Sick, low income people lose
- Cuts Medicaid by $880 billion
- Sick people could be charged more for health insurance (ends community rating)
Our contributors – emergency physicians, family physicians, pediatricians, OB/GYNs, and nurses – represent many organizations currently OPPOSED to the bill. You should encourage your member of Congress to oppose it too.
Now is not the time to strike down the ACA.
May the Force be with Us.